Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Northern Exposure-less

In response to a question from Anderson Cooper this week about whether or not Sara Palin has more executive experience, Barack Obama said this:

“My understanding is that Gov. Palin’s town, Wassilla, has I think 50 employees. We’ve got 2500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe 12 million dollars a year – we have a budget of about three times that just for the month.”

Generally, I try to avoid reasoned analysis and deep thinking, but three things about this quote got my brain juices a’ percolatin’.

1)There is no doubt, Barack Obama’s campaign is more difficult to manage than the Wassilla, Alaska. Correct me if I am wrong, but there appears to be something on Sara Palin’s resume he seems to be overlooking….hmm….what could it be……I don’t know, maybe it might have something to do with her being the GOVERNOR of the entire state of Alaska!

Perhaps he has not yet heard that Alaska was made a state in 1959. Considering his economic ideas are still stuck on outdated 19th century ideology (i.e. Marxism) it should come as no surprise that his geography needs a little updating as well.

Sure Barack Obama’s campaign may have 2,500 employees, but the State of Alaska has over 15,000. Obama may spend $12 million a month, but the State of Alaska government spends $458 million a month. Obama may think he can win the battle of judgement, but in the battle of executive experience, he is clearly outmatched.

2) In sighting his executive experience, Obama mentioned only the experience of running his campaign. I believe Hillary Clinton was right when she said “Running for President does not qualify you to be President.” This is like claiming you are qualified for a job based on how well you are doing on the interview.

Unlike with Sara Palin, Barack Obama did not overlook the totality of his own executive experience. Sadly enough, he laid it all out. Barack’s campaign is the first time Barack Obama can ever say he has been in charge of anything. He has never been in charge of a state. He has never been in charge of a city. As far as we know, he has never been in charge of his own lemonade stand. In comparing himself to Sara Palin, Barack Obama only further proved that he has absolutely no experience to qualify him for the position he wishes to assume. Based on our resumes, I have no doubt I would make a better Nuclear Scientist than Barack Obama would make a President.

3) The most important point I took from this can only be gleaned by listening to the interview (go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1ougP_HgxY). In referring to governor Palin’s town of Wasilla, he calls it “Wasilly”. Serisously, Wasilly? I thought reading off a prompter was the one thing you were good at, Obamy.

5 comments:

Shane and Loni said...

Joel, I love the way you write! Am I allowed to share this site with others?

Trait said...

Something tells me Obama would make a delicious glass of lemonade, though. Not only that, he'd make me feel really good about drinking it.

Neal and Shannon said...

Love your blog Joel. Would you run for President? Being Young Mens President gives you more qualification than Obamy.

AJ said...

well said, Joel. Obama IS the "foolingest fool".

Aaron D said...

That "aj" person was me --- hope all is well with you and your family!

-Aaron D (from BTown)